Do you want a really fucking easy recipe for a delicious dinner when you’d rather the kids just go fridge-diving? Well here it is.
Sweet Corn Soup.
1. Chop up one brown onion, two stalks of celery, and a clove of garlic and add it to a pan of 2 tbsp melted butter on a medium heat.
2. Add a pinch of ground cumin. Cook vegetables until they’re soft and translucent.
3. Add 500g frozen sweet corn to the pan and 1L of filtered water with one tbsp of vegetable stock concentrate.
4. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
5. Let cool. Blitz in food processor for 2 minutes on high in 2 batches til smooth and silky. Serve with cracked pepper and toast.
This makes a beautifully creamy, sweet soup that is very popular amongst even my pickiest of eaters. Give it a shot!